Brigit Young is the author of the middle grade novels Worth a Thousand Words, The Prettiest, and Bright. The Prettiest was featured on Seventeen Magazine’s 50 Books for Teens That You Won’t Be Able to Put Down and NBC News’ 9 Books to Help Young Girls Build a Positive Image. Brigit has also published poetry in multiple literary journals including The Common, 2 River View, and Burrow Press. She lives with her family in New Jersey where she gardens, plays pretend with her toddler, and teaches creative writing workshops to kids. brigityoung.com
– Bank Street Best Books
– Starred reviews
– Chicago Public Library Best Books
– Italy’s Andersen Award Best Book for 12-14 year olds
– Junior Library Guild selection
3 Fun Facts
1. I have a crested gecko named June Dolly (her middle name is in honor of Dolly Parton).
2. I met my husband when we acted together in a short kissing scene on a soap opera!
3. When I was a kid I was obsessed with orcas and did school reports on them pretty much every year. I wanted to be an orca trainer or researcher, and to this day I dream of seeing one in the wild!